Please submit the required application materials to Maribel at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A postdoctoral research fellow position is available at the Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy and Asthma Research at Stanford University School of Medicine. SNP Center is a highly innovative, dynamic, and fast-paced platform driving valuable translational research in the field of food allergy treatment.
The proposed research would broadly explore the immune mechanism of tolerance conferred through oral immunotherapy. The candidate would thus primarily perform immune assays focusing on total and allergen-specific T and B cell subsets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate is expected to
- (i) be involved in designing a set of experiments to address the questions towards specific aims of a given project,
- (ii) carry out necessary optimization, and perform those experiments,
- (iii) organize and analyze data,
- (iv) present and discuss the results with experts within and outside the laboratory, and derive final conclusions,
- (v) work on manuscripts, grant proposals, abstracts based on the research findings,
- (vi) effectively communicate, and coordinate sample/data exchange with collaborators.
None. It is expected that the postdoctoral fellow will interact with the other members of the laboratory and collaborating teams in a genial manner. After gaining sufficient experience in the laboratory, and demonstrating abilities over a span of months, the candidate may be offered to mentor summer interns and undergraduate students.
- Highly motivated applicants with a PhD degree (preferably obtained in the last 2 years or less) in allergy/immunology, or a related field and a strong interest in immune mechanism discovery are invited to apply
- Human primary cell culture, ex vivo stimulation
- Flow and mass cytometry data acquisition and analysis
- Basic immune assays such as western blots, ELISA
- Immune cell sorting and short-term culture
- Molecular biology techniques in the context of RNA sequencing
- Confocal microscopy, or related microscopy-based investigational skills (optional)
- Knowledge of computational analysis using Matlab, programming in R, Python would be a plus
- Good laboratory practices, recordkeeping and organizational skills
- Critical thinking and drive
- Clear verbal and written communication in scientific English
- References and publications to endorse the above mentioned skills and abilities
- Letters of interest