Please email email@example.com
The laboratory of Inma Cobos is recruiting enthusiastic and motivated postdoctoral researchers to study neurodegenerative disorders. Current work in our lab focuses on applying single-cell multiomics approaches to study selective cell vulnerability in Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and related neurodegenerative dementias and investigating the cellular and molecular mechanisms of tau-mediated neurodegeneration. We use postmortem human brain tissue and humanized mouse models of AD and tauopathies to generate multiomics data and study disease mechanisms.
Three postdoctoral positions are currently available to join our lab at Stanford. Candidates with in-depth training in neuroscience and expertise or a particular interest in any of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
• Single-nucleus/single-cell RNA sequencing and spatial single-cell multiomics to study cellular vulnerability in human AD and humanized mouse models of AD
• Cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying tau-related neurodegeneration
• Cortical interneuron dysfunction in Alzheimer’s disease
These positions are funded by the NIH-NIA and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) Neurodegeneration Challenge Network (https://chanzuckerberg.com/science/programs-resources/neurodegeneration-...). The CZI Neurodegeneration Challenge Network provides an ideal opportunity for outstanding trainees to advance their careers by joining a highly collaborative team of scientists, physicians and computational biologists working across disciplines to accelerate progress in neurodegeneration.
- PhD in Neuroscience, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or a related discipline
- Record of excellence in previous research activities
- Brief statement of your skills and research interests and the questions you would be interested in pursuing in our lab
- Names and contact information of 3 references