Email to email@example.com
A postdoctoral position is available in Prof. Hongjie Dai's group in the area of nanomedicine, molecular and nanoscience based near-infrared and infrared imaging and theranostics. Research topics might be selected from the following list:
- Synthesis of fluorescent nanoparticles, nanocrystals or molecules as NIR-II (1000-1700nm and even longer wavelengths) imaging probes for deep tissue imaging at the molecular and cellular scale at sub-cm depths in a living body with near-zero endogenous background signals. Conjugation of probes to antibodies and other targeting ligands.
- NIR-II molecular imaging for cancer, neuroscience and cardiovascular research.
- Develop neuronal functional dyes emitting in the NIR-II window for imaging single neuron firing in a brain.
- Further advance imaging techniques such as NIR-II light sheet microscopy.
- Develop multi-plexed molecular imaging for immunotherapy and nanoscience based immunotherapy approaches.
- Work towards translation of NIR-II imaging, examples include sentinel lymph node mapping, PD-L1 imaging, and imaging guided surgery with high resolution.
- A recent PhD in science, engineerging or medicine.
- Skillful in nanomaterials or organic synthesis, and bioconjugation techniques.
- Have experience in optical imaging, preferably in vivo imaging.
- Innovative and can generate new ideas.
- Excellent work ethics.
- Names of three references.