Apply at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19450
Kindly upload your information in pdf format only. Word documents will not be accepted. Your cover letter should be addressed to Professor Steven Gorelick, Dept. of Earth System Science, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-2115 USA. Please title the Subject: FUSE Postdoc - and your last name (family name).
Stanford University (California) -- Post-doctoral researcher position aimed at developing strategies for management of both floods and droughts in heavily developed watersheds using hydrologic modeling coupled with GIS. The project strives to develop hydrologic simulation-management models involving rainfall-runoff processes in basins where surface reservoir releases are regulated for both flood and drought protection. Climate change is very likely to result in increased variability of rainfall, which will make water management even more challenging. These basins support agriculture and municipal activities with water supplies obtained from rivers, reservoirs, and groundwater. Simulation of groundwater-surface water interactions and groundwater modeling are also key. Foreign travel will be necessary. This position is part of the FUSE Project ( https://fuse.stanford.edu/ ) and the position will be filled as soon as possible to run for 24 months with a possible extension. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
- CV including publication list
- Copies of three of your publications
- Transcripts from your BS, MS, and PhD, and other postdoc experience (if any
- Statement of your research goals and how your training relates to this aspect of the FUSE project
- Contact information for at least 3 academic references who may be contacted
- Key Words: Environmental Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Hydrology, Water Resources.