Please send all required application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuroscience
The Gibson Laboratory at Stanford University Department of Psychiatry and the Stanford Center for Sleep Sciences and Medicine is accepting applications for a full-time postdoctoral fellowship position. We are looking for a highly-motivated and self-driven postdoctoral fellow with a background in neuroscience, neurobiology, or a similar field. The Gibson Lab will open its doors in February 2020 to study the cellular and molecular mechanisms modulating glia in brain development and disease states, using confocal and electron microscopy, optogenetics, and genetic mouse modeling. We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow to elucidate the circadian mechanisms of glia during health and disease, including in multiple sclerosis and autism spectrum disorder. We aim to understand the mechanisms underlying the dynamic nature of glia in order to develop novel therapeutic strategies for diseases of the nervous system that involve aberrant gliogenesis. The postdoctoral researcher will operate with significant independence in strategizing the goals of projects as well as designing, conducting, and interpreting experiments, under the mentorship of the Principal Investigator.
- A Ph.D. degree with a strong background in neuroscience/neurobiology/biology or similar.
- A successful candidate must be technically rigorous and possess strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are imperative.
- A successful candidate must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with one or more of the following is highly encouraged: rodent surgery, transgenic mouse lines, immunohistochemistry, optogenetics, confocal and/or electron microscopy, PCR, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, FACS
- Updated CV
- Complete contact information for three references
- A 1-2 page statement of research interests and career goals