The application should be e-mailed to Prof. Eric Appel at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Postdoctoral position in the Appel Lab.”
Postdocs in the Appel Lab will receive training and experience in the cutting-edge and fast-developing field of immunoengineering as part of a fun, dynamic, and interdisciplinary research team comprising chemists, engineers, biochemists, and translational scientists. We are a diverse, supportive, and inclusive group who cares deeply about our trainees and we make their success our top priority, independent of their background, experiences, preferences, or beliefs. The Appel Lab provides rich opportunities to advance interdisciplinary research, to obtain fellowship funding, and to build personal networks across a diverse array of fields.
- Ph.D. in Engineering (e.g., Chemical, Biomedical, Materials Science & Engineering), Chemistry (e.g., Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry), or Immunology
- Strong publication record in biomaterials, nanomedicine, drug delivery, immunology, or related disciplines
- Experience in the areas of chemistry/materials, drug delivery, and immunology are preferred, but there will be opportunities to gain new skills in all of these areas
- Applicants must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to organize material for seminars, journal publications, and grant submissions
- Applicants must be able to work well in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and collaborative research environment and bring a genuine and infectious excitement for science, innovation, and creative thinking to our team
Interested candidates should assemble an application in a single PDF file consisting of:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae (including a complete list of publications)
- contact information for three references
- two first author manuscripts that have been published or accepted for publication.
The cover letter should include a description of the candidate’s relevant research experience, research interest, goals and expectations for the position, and preferred start date.