Submit the required application materials to email@example.com
Join an exciting translational data science lab at the world class Stanford University School of Medicine!
The Ross Lab in the Division of Biomedical Informatics Research and Division of Vascular Surgery at Stanford University School of Medicine is looking to recruit an outstanding postdoctoral scholar with an interest in building precision health tools to enable next generation health care delivery. This position provides the opportunity to work with clinicians and perform a deep dive into the clinical area of cardiovascular diseases and utilize large scale data from electronic health records, large claims data and biobanks in order to build real-time personalized tools for patient risk stratification and make personalized treatment recommendations.
The Ross Lab is located on the Stanford University School of Medicine main campus, which enables multidisciplinary collaborations with teams and world leaders in the fields of medicine, biomedical informatics, computer science, epidemiology and clinical research. Opportunities for scientific and career growth are abundant.
This position is funded internally for up to 2 years. Start date negotiable.
1) a PhD in a data science related field (e.g. biomedical informatics, computer science, or statistics) with experience in the application of machine learning to diverse problems.
2) Strong coding skills in R, Python, Unix. Experience working with electronic health record data preferred, but not required.
3) Strong problem solving skills and ability to build new software tools as needed.
4) Evidence of written scholarship and excellent written scientific English skills.
- A complete CV with a list of publications
- A cover letter describing your research interests and qualifications
- Contact information of 3 references