If interested, please send the required application materials to Dr. Bo Yu, email@example.com.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Stanford University currently has an outstanding job opportunity for a full-time postdoctoral fellow or research scientist in the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI). Dr. Bo Yu’s lab is investigating reproductive physiology and pathology using cellular and molecular technologies. The clinical applications of our research spans from ovarian cancer etiology to preimplantation genetic testing. We use human samples collected from patients, mouse models, and cultured cells. Our group collaborates with multiple departments at Stanford. Please see our lab website for more information: https://med.stanford.edu/bo-yu.html.
A candidate is sought who is excellent with hands-on work, self-motivated, and collaborative. The individual will contribute to all aspects of ongoing research projects including collecting samples, conducting experiments, reviewing literature, preparing interpretation and summaries of results, participating in conferences, and lab management duties.
• Human and/or mouse sample collection
• Organoid and cell culture
• Sequencing library preparation, DNA and RNA extraction and quantification, Quantitative PCR
• Gene editing
• Immunohistochemistry, cell imaging
• Other Cellular and molecular biology techniques
• Lab management: biosafety, ordering and maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment, training incoming students and other trainees
- PhD in biological science or technology and a minimum of three years of research laboratory experience.
- Prior experience with organoid culture, cellular and molecular biology, and mouse handling is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a research team effort.
- Cover letter describing career goals and current visa status
- Contact information of three references