Email Dr. Yu
Dr. Bo Yu's lab in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Stanford University currently has an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow or PhD scientist who is interested in ovarian cancer biology and gynecological disease research. Dr. Yu’s lab is investigating ovarian physiology and pathology, as well as Assisted Reproductive Technologies using cellular and molecular biology approaches. The clinical applications of our research spans from preimplantation genetic testing to ovarian cancer etiology. We use human samples collected from patients, mouse models, and organoid cultures. Our group collaborates with multiple departments at Stanford. Our lab website is: https://med.stanford.edu/bo-yu.html
We are searching for a postdoctoral candidate who is excellent with hands-on lab work, self-motivated, and collaborative. The individual will contribute to ongoing reproductive biology and benign or malignant gynecological disease research projects and be actively involved in all aspects of the lab activities including collecting samples, conducting experiments, reviewing literature, preparing interpretation and summaries of results, participating in conferences, and lab management duties.
Position responsibilities include:
- Organoid and cell culture
- Gene editing
- Sequencing library preparation, DNA and RNA extraction and quantification, Quantitative PCR
- Immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, Confocal cell imaging
- Other Cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Mouse handling and experiments
- Lab management responsibilities, training incoming students and other trainees
- PhD in biological science or technology and a minimum of three years of research laboratory experience.
- Prior experience with 2D and 3D cell culture, cellular and molecular biology, and mouse handling is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a research team.
- Cover letter
- Contact information of at least 3 referees are required.