Please send your application materials to Lisa Forneris at email@example.com
A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the Chiu Lab, Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery at Stanford University. Our lab uses different mouse models of pediatric solid tumors and we apply novel treatment protocols to assess effectiveness. We are also interested in molecularly targeted diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, with the goal of translating our research into clinically feasible solutions for childrens with solid tumors. Aligned with this goal, the successful candidate will be involved in preclinical studies of novel therapeutic agents, including efficacy and toxicity studies in cell lines and patient-derived xenograft models of pediatric solid tumors, as well as mechanism of action studies or immunology studies of promising therapeutic agents. Additionally s/he will have opportunities to participate in exciting collaborations focusing on cancer immunology and molecular imaging. Thus, this position is suitable for a highly motivated self-learner who excels in a dynamic environment offering varied learning opportunities.
- The candidate must have a Ph.D. with a focus on cell and molecular biology, cancer biology, immunology, biochemistry, or related fields.
- Experience in cell culture, animal handling and surgery, and immunology are highly desirable.
- Candidates should also have a track record of productive research and publications, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with other lab members.
- Cover letter, including a brief statement of research interests and careers goals
- Contact information of three references