Submit required application matierals to Dr. Avnesh S Thakor MD, PhD at: email@example.com
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in the Interventional Regenerative Medicine and Imaging Laboratory (IRMIL), Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford. The candidate should be a highly qualified material scientist with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Our focused research program uses cutting-edge technologies to investigate biomaterials for islet transplantation and pancreatic regeneration. Candidates should have experience in bioscaffold construction and optimization as well as cellular encapsulation techniques. This position will provide the candidate with an opportunity to lead interdisciplinary research projects with a strong focus on developing new strategies for bioscaffold construction and cell imaging and tracking.
- The successful applicant must have a PhD, MD/PhD or equivalent with a major in biomaterial design, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry or Regenerative Medicine.
- Experience in stem cell and islet biology is highly desirable.
- He/she should have excellent writing and presentation skills and be able to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment and is expected to be organized and highly productive.
- Successful applicants will have a track record of productive research, presentations and publication.
- A brief statement why you would be a good candidate for this position