Interested candidates should send the following items by email to Billie Robles (email@example.com)
A postdoctoral/scientist position is open for a highly motivated applicant who has experience in molecular biology, and in particular stem cell biology and exosomes, at the Interventional Regenerative Medicine and Imaging Laboratory (IRMI) within the Department of Radiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California, USA. This position specifically focuses on molecular biology and molecular engineering to create novel tools for tissue regeneration, specifically applied to solid organs and the central nervous system. The applicant will also support other lab experiments in our group and be expected to undertake projects with minimal supervision.
Key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
1. Hands-on skills and experimental design of molecular biology techniques related to mesenchymal stem cells and/or neurons and microglia and/or pancreatic islets.
2. Laboratory animal experience, including small animal handling, blood collection, tail vein injections and animal imaging. They should also be able to collect and process tissues for molecular and histological analysis
3. Western blot, FACS and confocal imaging experience
4. Data analysis, statistical analysis, and data interpretation
5. Manuscript writing, submission and peer-review process
6. Preparation of white papers and progress reports
7. Writing grants and fellowships proposal for funding
8. Effective oral presentations and communication skills
9. Establishing priorities and time management
10. Following a team dynamic, mentoring trainees and junior members of the team
11. Establishing collaborations
- Applicants must have a Ph.D.
- Prior postdoctoral experience and proficiency in molecular biology, cell biology and animal handling.
- Applicants should be hard working, analytical, a team player and have exceptional writing and communication skills with an excellent publication record.
1. Cover letter with current and future research interests
2. Most recent curriculum vitae
3. Copy of first author publications
4. Names and contact information for three referees