Potential applicants may contact and submit materials by email: NeuroBigData@stanford.edu
Post-doctoral position at the Stanford Neurosurgical Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Laboratory
We are recruiting postdoctoral scholars for research on learning practice-based evidence and enabling data-driven decision making in spine care. The position is funded for 9 months, possible extension to 1 year+. The successful candidate will apply cutting edge informatics and modeling approaches to utilize big data resources to study neurological and neurosurgical conditions, and specifically aid in the development of risk stratification algorithms. This exciting work will be guided by multidisciplinary collaborations with bioinformaticians and faculty within the Department of Neurosurgery.
- The ideal candidate will have dedicated training in informatics, computer science, or statistics and a demonstrable publication record.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking, and the ability to learn new programming languages as needed are required.
- Must have good communication skills and be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Prior experience in mining biomedical or clinical databases, machine learning, or advanced regression modelling is desirable.
- Contact information for 3 references
- In addition, please include in your email:
- (1) what questions you would be interested in pursuing during a postdoc in the Veeravagu lab, and
- (2) a short explanation of what you want to get out of your postdoc and how it will aid in your next career step.