All appointment actions for postdocs at Stanford are managed in PeopleSoft. Departments must have at least one admin (Role 1) and one approver (Role 3) for postdoc appointments, typically the student services or postdoc admin and the department manager, respectively. All Role 1 users require training to receive authority to access the postdoc system.
Required PeopleSoft Training:
Postdoc admins must complete PeopleSoft training for access.
Required Policy and Web Forms Training:
Trainings for Policy and Web Forms are the first Friday of every month and take 2.5 hours.
- Register by emailing Al Murray at alistair (at) stanford.edu
- Authority for Postdoc Web Forms is granted by OPA at the request of Department Managers/DFAs (Role 3).
Schedule a desktop training session using Zoom:
- SoM: alistair (at) stanford.edu for scheduling.
- All other Schools: Zoom sessions on the second or third Friday of every month from 9:30-11:45am. Contact Tammy Wilson at tjwilson (at) stanford.edu to sign up and confirm which Friday.
Postdoc Open Lab (not PeopleSoft/GFS Lab):
The lab is unstructured and available for any questions if nobody has signed up for a formal training. First come, first served. Bring your real work with you for help. Note: Contact Al Murray to make sure there is not a full training already taking place; if so, you may walk into a 2.5 hour training session. Bring your laptop.
First Friday of every month, 9:15 am - 11:45 am, except where otherwise noted below.
Location: Medical School Office Building (MSOB), Room x146
- Nov 1, 2019
- Dec 6, 2019
- Jan 10, 2020 (second Friday)
- Feb 07, 2020
- Mar 06, 2020
- Apr 03, 2020
- May 01, 2020
- Jun 05, 2020
PeopleSoft GFS Help:
- Submit Service Now ticket to PeopleSoft GFS assistance
- Benelogic Training: For Admin access to the Benelogic system for managing postdoc insurance.
- GFS Entry: Both online entry module and classroom policy class are required. Take policy before taking online entry module.
- J-1 Scholar Visa and H-1B Employment Visa: Training for basic J-1 and H-1B visa workflow processing.
- Orientation and Onboarding of new Postdocs: Toolkit and best practices for prep and support of new postdocs.
- Postdoctoral Administrators Quarterly Meetings: Policy and procedures updates, issues and concerns. Past meeting slides available at Administrator's Blog.