For Sixth Year Requests
- Review Sections 2F and 2G of RPH 10.3 to see if you might qualify for an exception to policy.
- If you think you might qualify, determine if you are applying under 2G or 2F.
- All documents and web forms must be complete and submitted by the 2nd Friday of each month.
- Standard 2G Exception Requests take 6-8 weeks. Expedited 2F Exception Requests are usually faster. Submit early (90-120 days+ prior to appointment end date).
Standard 2G Exception Request
- Create a new Change Transaction (for help, see Job Aids for PD Web Forms – Change Transactions).
- Assemble the documents listed here (in the Sixth Training Year Extension Request section at the bottom of the page).
- Email the entire package as one .pdf to:
- Submit Change Request web form.
- Submit visa extension web form (if applicable).
Expedited 2F Exception Request
- Complete everything required for a Standard 2G Exception Request (above), and
- Include a copy of the fellowship award letter and/or the accepted job offer letter.