- Reappointments beyond 60 months of postdoctoral research experience (max. 72 months) are exceptions to policy.
- An approved sixth training year policy exception is not guaranteed.
- Sixth training years are governed by RPH 10.3, Sections 2F & 2G.
NEW! Fast and efficient! Smartsheet Sixth Year Policy Exception Request Process is here!
- Sixth Training Year Policy Exception Dashboard
- Requires an @stanford.edu email address
- Click on the dashboard link above
- Click on the "Request Access" link
- Review the dashboard information
- Follow the submission instructions
- PI report of all IDP meetings
- The Faculty Sponsor form is only required for the RPH 10.3, 2G standard process (not needed for RPH 10.3, 2F expedited process)
- If submitting an RPH 10.3, 2G request, click here: Faculty Sponsor Sixth Training Year SmartSheet
- The Postdoc form is only required for the RPH 10.3, 2G standard process (not needed for RPH 10.3, 2F expedited process)
- If submitting an RPH 10.3, 2G request, click here: Postdoc Sixth Training Year SmartSheet
It takes a considerable amount of time to submit all the required smart sheets and supporting documents and for a complete exception packet. Start this process sooner rather than later to avoid lapsed appointments or urgent visa expiration dates.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for the Faculty Subcommittee review.