For Sixth Year Requests
- Review Sections 2F and 2G of RPH 10.3 to see if your postdoc might qualify for an exception to policy.
- If your postdoc qualifies, determine if the request will be submitted under 2G or 2F.
- Request packets may be submitted on a rolling basis, no monthly deadline.
- Standard 2G Exception Requests take 3-4 weeks.
- Expedited 2F Exception Requests are usually faster.
- Submit early (90-120 days+ prior to appointment end date).
Standard 2G Exception Request
- Assemble the documents listed here in one combined PDF packet (in the Sixth Training Year Extension Request section at the bottom of the page).
- Email the entire package as one .pdf to:
- Create a new Change Transaction (for help, see Change Form job aid).
- Submit visa extension web form (if applicable).
Expedited 2F Exception Request
- Complete everything required for a Standard 2G Exception Request (above), and
- Include a copy of the fellowship award letter and/or the accepted job offer letter in the combined PDF request packet.